A recent adventure in Big Bend National Park: with a fairly large group of mixed experience, we had quite a few challenges, but it was ultimately an incredible and fun trip!
- The ranger was hesitant to give us permits when she heard our plan
- We navigated the whole thing by map and compass, even when our map turned out to be wrong! (though we always had a backup GPS)
- The first day and a half was entirely off-trail because we were accessing a part of the park where no trail goes
- Some group members had never been hiking or camping — and we convinced them to go anyway!
- 3 days in the wilderness brings a sense of companionship and camaraderie — and inside jokes — like nothing else
I plan to produce a more detailed trip explanation soon too, so stay tuned!